Saturday, September 12, 2009

Feeling Better

I'm reading "The Enchantress of Florence."

I read a short story by Rushdie once several years ago for class, and I liked it. He's an Indian author who lives in the muddled confusion that involves every culture influenced by globalization. Only he doesn't write about it head-on. He writes about its roots (in my current novel), or he just writes a really great story that involves a humanistic philosophy (what other philosopher would ponder 'the first person singular--the "I"'?) set upside down by the uncivilized world's march toward progress. At least, I hope it's a really great story. This one seems to be.

One very non-humanistic, very Christian idea (or is it?? Would Rushdie's main character learn a Christian lesson before Christ was born? Is it, instead, some Hindi religous idea that also just happens to be a Christian concept?) which I love: "The lessening from which growing could begin." Sounds to me like this: "I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds."

4 comments:

♥April Monique♥ said...

I was very happy to have found this site. I wanted to thank you for this excellent information! I have no doubt like a little and I have saved your blog to make sure you write something new on the road.

buy and sell

webdesign Philippines said...

Read a lot of blogs specially interesting ones like your blog, Good post! I accidentally found your site on the internet, I am going to be coming back here yet again.Love Information Is Beautiful. Keep posting.

Lanie of webdesign Philippines

Website Designer Philippines said...

These articles are fantastic, The information you show us is interesting for everybody and is really good written, very informative. It’s just nice! continue posting. Thanks!


- nina

Althea Shareen said...

It’s a very interesting and informative blog, thanks for the article I really liked your blog and I really appreciate it... It’s just great!! Continue posting...More Powers to your blog..


- Althea Shareen of lands for sale in the philippines