Monday, April 20, 2009

Excitement...


I never (EVER) like making decisions, and I never like things being “up in the air.” I either want to be, or not be. I don’t want to kind of be, and I do not like shades of grey. However, as I stand in the face of Truth, and read on my own heart the lessons of Christ’s faithfulness and trustworthiness that have been indelibly inscribed there, I realize I have a real choice to make.


When you face GOD, the living GOD, you must trust. When you face the reality of His faithfulness, you must obey.


I can choose to look away, keep my sights dead set on my own frustrations and who I think I am and who I think I am not—OR, I can choose joy and breathless excitement even on unsettled waters, knowing the same Creator who designed this


designs my future.

Mark, Jesus apostle, wrote, "He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, 'Quiet! Be still!' Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.” (Mark 4:39)

Incredible…Is it any wonder the disciples were willing to die for Jesus? Never had they seen such power; never had they seen such glory. It was like, well, like the whole universe was his kingdom.
It’s only right that they declare his authority. It’s only right that we do the same. And when we do, we state without question: The ruler of the universe rules our hearts.

From
For These Tough Times:
Reaching Toward Heaven for Hope and Healing
© (Thomas Nelson Publishers, 2006) Max Lucado

No comments: