Wednesday, April 29, 2009

..."for these times that try the soul."*

"My times are in your hands..."
Psalm 31:15

From moral weakness of spirit; from timidity; from hesitation; from fear of men and dread of responsibility, strengthen us with courage to speak the truth in love and self-control; and alike from the weakness of hasty violence and weakness of moral cowardice,
Save us and help us, we humbly beseech Thee, O Lord.
From weakness of judgment; from the indecision that can make no choice; from the irresolution that carries no choice into act; and from losing opportunities to serve Thee, Save us and help us, we humbly beseech Thee, O Lord.

I don't normally consider myself an insecure person, but change always brings out another side of me. It's times like these that I love the above verses and prayers. I think they were written especially for insecure people like me :).

(*that's an Anne quote ...seems I'm not the only one sitting at a train station, waiting to be picked up :)



No comments: