Wednesday, February 11, 2009


I’m broke.




Here’s an excerpt from a recent Relevant article that caught my broke eye:




“Try the ‘100-Percent-Down Plan.’ Luke called me from Cleveland. He made really good money. His income at 23 years old was $50,000, and he married a young woman making $30,000. His grandfather had preached to him never to borrow money, so Luke and his new bride lived in a very small apartment over a rich lady’s garage. They paid only $250 a month for it. They lived on nothing, did nothing that cost money and they saved. Man, did they save! Making $80,000 in the household, they saved $50,000 a year for three years and paid cash for a $150,000 home. No payments! If you make $80,000 per year and don’t have any payments, you can become wealthy very quickly.”
-Dave Ramsey, personal money management expert and New York Times best-selling author (page 55 of the Jan/Feb 2009 Issue of Relevant)




Now, I don’t make anything like $80,000. In fact, that’s what frustrates me. I love the people I work with, and I mostly enjoy what I do, but (modesty aside), I’m way smarter and way more hard-working and way more skillful than this job.




What really unhinged me was this company here:




That was my idea. Now some other kid is making tons of money. On my idea. So, it’s not that I really want the house, or the $80,000. It’s just that I have more in me than this.



No comments: