Saturday, February 14, 2009

Petals




Flowers in general, and yellow roses in particular, touch a place deep inside me. In a world of flat, brown landscapes, row upon row of apartment housing complexes, and metal boxes on wheels racing back and forth, something as simply stunning as a rose takes my breath away. A flower is also beautiful for what it can speak to somebody. I led my college lifegroup in an outreach on their campus yesterday morning. We made about 200 rice krispie treats and packaged them with little cards that had a bible verse and information on our group's meeting time and place. We also had a few flowers to pass out to girls we thought might want them. To one girl, the flowers made something in her face light up like Christmas. Another girl got my number and sent me a text later, saying how grateful she was for the flowers. Sometimes, it's the smallest, softest, most vibrant petals that sometimes have the deepest impact.

No comments: