Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Still broke...-en.

Apparently, being broke can lead to being broken. My mom responded to my "I'm broke" post a few days ago with a rather pointed e-mail. She said, "maybe here in lies the problem. You might be "way smarter and way more hard-working and way more skillful than this job", but you lack much humility."
Aw, gee, thanks mom!
The rest of her e-mail was equally pointed, but--my now infamous lack of humility makes me cringe to say--right. When I first got her e-mail, I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry, but I'm thankful I have at least one person in my life who will tell me like it is (well, I have six people, actually--two brothers, two sisters, and two parents!).


Perhaps for the above-mentioned reason, I've felt a little "off" lately. I've been faithful to (attempt to) seek Him, but in the midst of spiritual battle, these are the verses I cling to:

Psalm 23 The Lord is my Shepherd...

Romans 8 Oh, the **crazy** love of my Savior!

No comments: