Thursday, May 28, 2009

Another One Bites the Dust...

Ok, here's the dealy-o. I can't figure out technology. I can't; it's no use. The faster and fancier computers and keyboards and cell phones and PDAs and all other things technological become, the faster my brain grands to a painful halt. It should come as no surprise, then, for you to realize...I DON'T KNOW WHAT TWITTER IS. I mean, I've seen people's twitter updates popping up in my e-mail news updates. Friends talk about it on facebook. Good grief, even Max Lucado twitters. But, me? Eh...not so much.
Until today.
Today I'm determined to figure out this twitt thing. Cue Beauty and the Beast music and Be My Guest:
3:16pm @ work, reading a Boundless article and noticed a link to follow Boundless on twitter. Impusively clicked, taking the plunge into twitterocity/technoligical madness.
3:18 um...the help link on twitter isn't helping. Am I getting phone updates? On my browser? Via texts? Via e-mail? Help?
3:19 bathroom break. Always helpful.
3:23 began blog post.
3:24 hold that thought...resident stopped by to talk about work order problem...
3:35 ok we're back. Wait. The carpet guy is here. Geez, do people think I'm at work or what?
3:50 google "twitter" and get a wikipedia entry. Still doesn't answer my question; how do I get my updates?
3:57 EUREKA! "You can receive tweets by visiting the Twitter website, IM, SMS, RSS, email or via a third-party application." So...now...how do I choose?
3:59 check e-mail. Realize I have a message from Twitter, sent at 3:10. Hmmm. It seems my timemap has now lost all accuracy and, perhaps, relevancy, as the e-mail also explains how I can receive twitters--er--tweets on my phone.
4:13 standing a little taller, knowing I have faced, fought, and defeated my twittering giant. Tweet on, Max Lucado, NASA, and Taylor Swift. Tweet on.

No comments: