Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day Three

I didn't start this morning off with Jesus; I started it off with orange juice and a shower. A nice way to start a morning...but not quite. After an errand, I ended up back home for a few minutes before running to work, and my eyes fell on my open Bible:

But now, thus says the LORD, who created you, O Jacob,
And He who formed you, O Israel:
“ Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by your name;
You are Mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you.
For I am the LORD your God,
The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I gave Egypt for your ransom,
Ethiopia and Seba in your place.
Since you were precious in My sight,
You have been honored,
And I have loved you;
Therefore I will give men for you,
And people for your life.
-Isaiah 43:1-4

How much better would my brief few hours have been this morning, had I started with this? How much happier would my heart be, if I had secured and anchored myself in this? This love that honors me, considers me a precious possession, gives men for my life. Today is my third day of 100 Days with Psalm 119, and the first few verses of that psalm have straight-up poured conviction over my life. It is so good, then, after dwelling on the blessed life of the blameless, to be reminded that my life is blessed, also--not because I have been blameless, but because my Savior's blood makes me blameless. I was bought with a price. That truth holds me secure through every fire and flood imaginable. It is peace.

No comments: